Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by GunGeek
If 1911's are so unreliable, why are they still the best selling pistol in America? Tradition only gets you so far, at some point someone is going to want their gun to work.

Maybe I'll get an answer this time.

Do you have a source for the comment that 1911s are currently the best selling pistol in America? I looked but didn't see something that supported that, but didn't look passed the first google page so I may very well have missed it.

And is your position that if a lot of something is sold, that's evidence that it must be of high quality?

Without numbers to support it, I think it is safe to assume that the 1911 is a best seller. More and more manufactors add them to their line. At one time only colt made them. In the last few years both Remington and Ruger have added the 1911 to their product line.
Remington, Ruger, Caspian, Les Baer, Wilson, Springfield, RIA, Norinco, Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Spartan, Pare Ordinance, just to name a few producers of 1911's.
Also Magnum Research and I am sure I missed some.

Last edited by jwp475; 03/23/15.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first