Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by toad
nothing to do with public safety? really?

alcohol is involved in one third of fatal traffic accidents.

I'm betting cell phones beat that percentage...

I wouldn't doubt it...

It's been proven. I've seen studies that compare delayed reaction times of intoxicated subjects vs drivers distracted by cell phones. In distracted drivers response time was affected the same as someone with a BAC of 0.08, the lower limit of DUI in most states.

And the use of hands-free devices didn't matter.

With marijuana users, accident rates skyrocketed when they were distracted by a bag of doritos placed on the passenger seat.

I have not seen the same here with our wreck calls, but we are rural and often rural trends a bit differently than the rest of the world thankfully.

I do agree hands or hands free, phones, a conversation, the radio, messing with the AC or heat, thinking of something else, and impairment are all going to be factors in wrecks at one time or another.

I"m about sick of us still blaming something in animate rather than the person that had the wreck... or caused it I guess I should say.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....