Diabetics often present as drunk. I went to a call many years ago for a possible DUI and when we got there the cop was behind the lady and she was going round and round at a roundabout at no more than 5mph. I reached in and put her car in neutral and got her stopped, once stopped that cop was hell bent on dragging the pregnant lady through the window in an angry response to her not respecting his absolute authority. I suspected that she wasn’t drunk in her third trimester but suffering a diabetic emergency. We told the cop to stand down or he was going to have to go through all 4 of us and not like the outcome. Our lieutenant told him that if he didn’t get out of our way to render aid that he would be restrained on our gurney while we did our job. Her blood sugar was so high it didn’t register on our machine so we got an IV and transported her. She and her baby were okay after medical intervention but Mr. Cop got some remedial anger management training after we all filed complaints. If it had been a different crew responding that lady and her unborn baby were going to have the chit knocked out of them by a badge heavy douchebag.

Lowering the BAC won’t do anything positive for society, it’s just more feel good liberalism. Cardiac patients, diabetics, hypertension, epilepsy, stroke, etc should be treated the same way if you Stalinists want to be tough on potential crimes. Throwing someone in jail over what could happen is very different than being tough on someone that actually causes injury or damage.

There’s a lot of liberals here and they mask themselves as conservatives until a thread like this comes up. Pathetic really...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~