Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
......no more than it'd work 100% to let Smoke's kid or others decide when he's had enough diversion sessions.

Nice try but you're really reaching now. I never he he should be able to decide for himself, did I?

What I said was, someone who has a financial interest in keeping him in the program should not be the one making the decision to keep him in the program.

Are you going to argue that point?

Yes. Seriously. Who should decide then? Yet another party? Who would that be that you are not going to also call part of the system? You have the offender, the treatment folks and the judge. If you think it's fugged up, what's better? I know the experience, it's just as you explained it... You are in there paying them through the ass for sessions you think are bullchit. Checking chit off the list of things you have to do in the time frame you have to. Sessions, victims panels, group deals, urine tests.... That keeps you from having a conviction for something you are guilty of. You are guilty of it. It's simple. Yes sir, no mam, thank you, please, yes I phucqked up and then you move on. The reason there are DUI laws are not to make money. That was my original objection and was related to something someone else posted. The reason we have the system is to keep guilty folks from killing someone or at reducing that likelihood. Folks like I was or your son, they're in the system because of their own actions. What's better? A simple conviction then? So? Who's going to be deciding if it ain't the treatment folks? In my experience the treatment folks had no need for more business, they were swamped because DUI is soooo prevalent.

To me the part that had any lasting effect were the victims panels. Don't remember the sessions at all. Should I have been given that second chance at a driver's license? I don't know. First time I just learned that I shouldn't get caught. Ultimately some time after the third chance I learned more about my condition and a year of bicycling helped get it through my thick skull that booze and me were not a good fit regardless of driving. Nobody should forget, if they are in diversion it is because they were guilty of a crime that screws up thousands of lives. Goodtimes.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?