Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by smokepole

Bullsh**. I never bitched about it, or portrayed offenders as victims. All I said was that people with a vested financial interest in the outcome should not be making the decisions on whether someone needs "more counseling.". This whole back-and-forth between you and I started because you said "it's not about the money," which is also bullsh**.

And I did give viable alternatives, you just chose to ignore them.

Wahhhhhh! Poor poor poor offeners getting off without a conviction when they've pled guilty... It's about the victims not the money dude.

LOL, you're the only one whining and you're using emotional arguments rather than facts. Your problem (and the source of our disagreement) is, you can't tell the difference between an alcoholic repeat DUI offender who blows a .23 BAC five hours later and a young kid who makes a stupid mistake once and never repeats it. You keep bringing up victims, an emotional appeal if I ever saw one. The alcoholic repeat DUI offender either has victims or is likely to have them in the near future. The young kid who never repeats his mistake doesn't. There is a difference whether you want to admit it or not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.