Originally Posted by smokepole
If you think every DUI results in a crash and victims, and every offender requires counseling from organizations that profit from it you're a fool.

Don't believe I made such claims. How do you propose diversion should work if you are unhappy with your son's experience? Been better to just have a conviction or what? Like some sort of staggered levels of treatment based on BACs? You say someone that does not have a vested interest in prolonging treatment should decide how long treatment lasts. Who and how? And what evidence do you have that such abuse of the system occurs? You said that's what your son said. Was his treatment unfairly extended? Do you have evidence of your future prediction that there will be no re-occurrance? If you think DUI laws are purely driven by financial interests of diversion councilors and not the seriousness of the offenders' action you are a fool. Your guilty son got off without a conviction, sounds like a bargain. Cheers.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?