Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by dvnv
Dakota:
ata
There may be studies, but I am not buying it. I watched many a golfer score just fine, well over .05 BAC...if golf isn't a coordination game, I don't know what is.

They would have scored measurably higher against their own score without the alcohol. That is demonstrated in every study that ever gets done.

Heck, play a video game for score. Drink a couple beers, wait 15 minutes, and play the same game again. It's not hard to prove it to yourself.

To argue against alcohol as an intoxicant at any BAC-level is simply denial of reality due to the chemistry of our bodies. There's no way around it.

Now, whether the govt should be involved in regulating that intoxication is a whole other question.

Not trying to argue that alcohol is not an intoxicant at low levels, just trying to argue that it doesn't seriously impact driving ability at .05. By seriously, I mean there is a meaningful statistical difference in that person's chances of driving without an accident.

And no, the golfers would not have scored measurably better. FWIW, I don't drink while playing, but have played with and against many that do (both while they are sober or have had a couple)...at some point the game degenerates, but it takes more than a couple of beers to do it (at least for those guys that like to drink and play). I won't argue video games, but neither driving nor golf happen at video game speeds.

On the government side, I have watched a state get ruined by BAC .05=DUI kind of thinking, and that is why I posted.