Originally Posted by SBTCO
Just found this relating to the BHA. Read it for what its worth.

https://www.greendecoys.com/decoys/backcountry-hunters-and-anglers/

"Most prominent is BHA executive director Land Tawney, who ran the liberal political action committee (PAC) calling itself the “Montana Hunters and Anglers Leadership Fund” (MHA). In 2012, this pop-up PAC spent $1.1 million against Republican U.S. Senate candidate Denny Rehberg, who was challenging Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Tester. The liberal MHA also spent $500,000 in support of the libertarian candidate as a strategy of drawing votes away from the Republican. MHA received several hundred thousand dollars from the League of Conservation Voters, a liberal environmentalist group. Tawney is also a member of the Montana Sportsmen for Obama Committee and previously served as the National Grassroots Coordinator for the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership, which, like BHA, is an environmentalist front that poses as a hunter and fisher group."

The whole green decoy thing is, in itself, an attempt to mischaracterize and disguise political motivations.

BHA and other groups oppose public land transfer. So called “conservatives” want the transfer to occur and attempt to portray BHA as a liberal group. It’s not, although because the dems are currently the party most against the transfer, BHA does share some of the same goals.

Hardly a liberal group in practice however. It would be like if RMEF and the Sierra Club found themselves working to preserve the same piece of property. Nobody would call RMEF an animal rights activist group, but goals do align from time to time.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.