Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by trapperJ
I'm a BHA member and my hunting transportation can a does include airplane, snow machine,truck ,boats of several types as well as backpack. I don't use a wheeler but I'm not against it in areas that it's already allowed because I understand not every can or wants to backpack hunt.

For me it's about keeping public lands open and available to sportsmen and to not have public land locked up by private corporations whatever your mode of transportation.Public land is one of the main reasons I chose to live in AK where there is lots of it.

Please tell us all which private corporations have lock up what public lands?

Are you only proposing keeping public lands open to sportsmen, or do you support the Multiple Use Act and it
's policies that keep public land open to everyone?

Honest question, have you ever read the MUSYA? Its pretty apparent that you never have or you didn't comprehend what it says. Where, in the act, does it say that every acre of land must remain open for every use under the sun?

I'll save you the bother of looking, although you really should read it, it doesn't say that at all.

You have a complete and total misunderstanding of the MUYSA, what it says, and what it does and how its applied.

As to what corporations or individuals have locked up public lands, there are many examples, a big one is an entire swath of South Central Wyoming in checkerboard ownership.

Buzz, you are as fulla schidt as a Christmas turkey...

No it doesn't say every acre. But it also by the same token doesn't say it CAN'T be every acre either, does it? The letter as well as the intent of multiple use is to utilize the land for multiple purpose in the areas described. Most people feel like it DOES apply to all public land. Aside from distinct designations, and the UNLAWFUL ones like your buddy Obama implemented illegally through misuse of the Antiquities Act.

Don't patronize me by saying what I do and don't understand either.

One thing I understand perfectly well were large tracts of public land illegally closed off to public access by douchebags like you in the US Forest Circus. For no other reason than they could...

THAT'S the elitist BS that people refer to with BHA and it's followers and donors.

The checkerboard lands you talk of were done way before you were glimmer in your daddy's eye, and there was a reason for that back then. If you know the history, perhaps you can enlighten others as to why the land was checkerboarded.

As far as the legal owners being forced to let you or anyone else through their property just to access public land... well, that tramples on private property rights and freedom. Something you don't understand I'm sure..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!