Originally Posted by smokepole
So you can't name a more effective advocate for public and roadless lands than BHA, got it.

"You say that as if I owe you an answer, which I don't."

Smoke, Buzz commented earlier about the work he and his fellow local bha members did to maintain hunting access in the Laramie area (?), and that's good. But was BHA really necessary for them to get the job done? Did BHA send them funds they just couldn't do without in order to accomplish the task? I doubt it. I have found that if people really care about a subject, such as protecting public lands, they do just as much or more good by getting local grassroots support without depending on outside sources, especially those with questionable political standing.

I don't need to name "a more effective advocate for public and roadless lands than BHA" even if it existed because we as individuals can get a lot done on our own at the local level if we think it important enough. Don't forget, the public lands employees/officials in your area of interest live there too and must deal with the local populous on a daily basis. That local populous has a lot more sway than the guv officials want to admit.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton