I never heard of them until I was hunting a few years back in Wyoming with a friend. The friend is a lunatic lefty...he hunts, but is very closed minded overall. He wants the government to control everything, hates individual rights like the Second Amendment and was an Obama/Clinton nutcase. He's the type of guy who argues that no one needs anything other than one pump shotgun and one bolt action rifle, and all other weapons should be banned. With that as background, he tried to get me to join BHA (this was as he was trying to get me to vote for Hillary Clinton). He argued that BHA is one of the only real pro-hunting groups because they focus on environmental issues rather than gun rights. What he said to me is that rather than wasting money to let people own "assault weapons", BHA works to protect wildlife habitat. Then he said he loves them because they are, as he said, "progressive" in all respects.

He's only one guy, and a political extremist at that, but when I did research on BHA I saw a group that looked a lot like a front group for the typical leftist agenda.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.