Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I expected that from you, Smoker. You see it as free stuff because you're only paying a tiny bit of the actual costs and getting an unearned goodie. But it is overpaying for someone else's albatross. Have you ever considered if the respective STATE bought these lands for actual FMV and then maybe charged reasonable resident recreation fees, logged it when needed, and so on?

Dave,

I live in California. I DON'T want this state buying anything, FMV or overpriced even. There would be NO logging, and recreation fees would not be "reasonable". And I'd really worry about the "so on " part. eek (hunting? not any more. Fishing? it's cruel, not any more! motorized travel? only with your electric vehicle or on our shuttles, to places we tell you to go)

No thanks, I prefer to leave our National public lands in National hands. That way even folks in MT have a vote (through their representatives in Congress) on what happens to OUR public lands.

Geno

PS, I bet there's a few folks in other states that feel the same way.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?