Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
So, TR, how do you GET to the "non-motorized access?" Float on your magic carpet, right?

And that line about "liquidation" is a total lie. There's no capitalist interest in buying these lands to bulldoze them as there's no market. In fact, the forestry REITs are sniffing around, hoping to sell their PRIVATE stuff -- the problem is, they want to sell at a price mjultiples of what the land is actually worth. Forests will stay forests, sage will stay sage. There are only a few trophy buyers out there and they only have so much money. Only fringe lands would ever be privatized and only in the narrowest scenarioes, like near a relatively few cities and towns needing expansion room.

As for the "country-club" Republicans, those are your allies in this, the ones being squeezed for getting in bed with the Greens. The Bush administration was rife with clubbers.

Get a good pair of boots, cinch down that pack and walk.

I know that large private interests (energy companies, Koch brothers, etc) are pushing privatization of federal lands. I can't for the life of me imagine why that would be, can you? Its just simply a coincidence, right?

My senator and representative (both repubs, both I've voted for) have told me they stand behind their premise of eliminating the federal government as a landholder. Their words, not mine.

I can't stand country club republicans. Mostly cause I can't stand golf, but I find that they are not really interested in conservative ideas, just like Bush wasn't.