Originally Posted by dan_oz
....their contributions to saving many millions of lives via their role in such things as blood transfusions,
vaccines for polio, hepatitis B, measles, diptheria, tetanus and bacterial meningitis, their role in the elimination of smallpox,

If such viruses and bacteria were sent by a God as punishment, as some religious types believe,

that god might not be too happy about some jews using science in an attempt to defeat his divine will.

Originally Posted by gregintenn

LOL! I don't know if we'd still be here without the contributions of Barbara Streisand.

yeah but consider the contribution by Albert Einstein, no I don't mean the theory of relativity stuff,
I refer to the God letter he sent to philosopher Eric Gutkind, Jan 1954,only 15 months before
his own death.

"The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weaknesses,
..the Bible a collection of venerable but still rather primitive legends. No interpretation, no matter
how subtle, can (for me) change anything about this."

"For me the unadulterated Jewish religion is, like all other religions, an incarnation of primitive superstition.
And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong, and in whose mentality I feel profoundly anchored,
still for me does not have any different kind of dignity from all other peoples. As far as my experience goes,
they are in fact no better than other human groups, even if they are protected from the worst excesses
by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot perceive anything 'chosen' about them"

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.