I have no argument with your pictures or end notes.

They express knowledge I already knew existed.

I guess, by your definition, when the Democrats are in power here in the US of A, then the Republicans, especially the ones leaning "far right", would be considered "prisoners" of the polity that won the conflict? And therefor subject to doing poorly? As poorly as illustrated by your photographs perhaps?

Yes, many folks on both sides of the issue in our Country's little internecine conflict died as the result of poor nutrition, lack of adequate sanitation, and perhaps mostly the state of medicine at the time.

I hope you're not suggesting that the photographs of mass graves in areas held by Hitler's regime are the result of the same causes. If so, and if true, then in 1940's Europe those causes were easily remidied, and failure to do so could be considered a grave crime by the rest of the civilized world. Nearly on a par with gassing and mass shooting.

And again, the casualties you mentioned in your other post, at Andersonville and Rock Island, were military prisoners and generally not civilians who's only "crime" apparently was their membership in a religion. And for those not practicing said religion, simply for being a member of a family or "ethnic group".

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?