Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[
KFWA,

That's a pretty well reasoned post there. And the "(or even anti-semantic)" line was humorous too.

I can see your dislike of the system as it is. Yep, if there is (there probably is) a pro-Russia PAC, and the things they do to influence any election are out in the open, that's the way our system works. Same for "Conservative Christian", pro-gun, pro- women's rights, or any other PAC. That's the way campaign laws are nowadays.

While I agree with you that the State of Israel has a tremendous amount of influence in American affairs, that's not what I see as the topic of discussion here. And I for one am not convinced there is a cabal of Jewish leaders trying to see our country overrun with Muslims and Latinos and Chinese. But that's just my take on things.

Thanks for your well reasoned post.

Geno

I can't speak for anyone else who has concerns about Jewish motivations, but at the end of these discussions, to me it all coalesces to Jewish Americans (and non Jewish Americans) using Americas vast resources without limit or conscience to protect, promote and expand Israel. And with us allowing Israel to be a nuclear power knowing Israel will use nuclear weapons in the face of overwhelming attack, we are forever bonded and extorted to be their protector. There is no gratitude or quid pro quo, and if America could no longer be the ally they need, they'd would seek another country to form this alliance.

This relationship is not comparable to an Arab League or Pro Russian lobby.
I am in complete agreement.

Unfortunately, not only are we forever "bonded and extorted to be their protector" in the case of Israel, we are forever required to be the watchdog for the world over every other nuclear (nucular? wink ) power that exists. I guess that's the fate of the first kid on the block to get the newest slingshot for Christmas. We have to watch out the other kids don't get a bigger better version.

In the case of the State of Israel, let's not forget the whole Middle East as defined by the borders on today's map, is the result of some really terrible planning.

Just like that poor planning, the cat is out of the bag regarding nuclear Israel, and it's not going back in. How we deal with that cat is certainly a big deal. You guys think we can get the UN to help defray the costs? crazy

We're stuck with it, whether we like it or not, it seems.

And unfortunately, gratitude and quid pro quo are not part of the equation. Maybe there's some covert stuff "we peons" don't hear about, and generally it seems the Israeli people seem grateful for US support.

Geno

PS, and yes, the State of Israel is a primarily Hebrew or Jewish State. But that doesn't mean to me that our support of that nation leads to the conclusion that the Jews are trying to undermine our society.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?