Originally Posted by KFWA
if you took out every post that had one guy telling another guy to watch a video or read an article - and that guy responding with "I don't have to but I'm gonna talk about it anyways" this thread would be 5 pages long.

For me its pretty simple

set aside all that holocaust happened/didn't happen horseshit

People are up in arms over electing a Muslim in office, primarily because they believe (and rightfully so) that she will put her religious preferences ahead of our constitution.

Now look at AIPAC. Yes, there are other organizations that act as lobbyists representing the interest of foreign countries, but they pale in comparison to the power of AIPAC.

For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone doesn't have a problem with a group of people in this country promoting a lobby whose sole purpose is to influence American policy in support of the security and prosperity of a foreign country. Yet people are losing their collective schit over Russias influence in the election. go figure.I guess if Russia just did it out in the open all proper like , it would be OK.

I don't have a problem with Jews per se, but I have a problem with Israeli firsters and the politicians who sold out to them. Somewhere post WWII, Americans have been infused with this idea that we are obligated to support Israel in much greater proportion than our country's best interest dictate. (case in point, the mass of responses where I'll be "educated" that Israel is an ally to us in the middle east, a strong democracy, god's chosen people, etc. without any consideration of the true cost of that alliance to the American people in the last 60 years,) And when you see a disproportionate number of Israeli firsters in positions of power and influence, then you take notice.

I have no problems with labels. If that makes me anti-semitic (or even anti-semantic), then sign me up. Just as being against reparations makes me anti-black, wanting border security makes me anti-latino, and being a nationalist makes me a white supremacist. Put my name on a list and send me my membership card. Sign me up for all that stuff.

At the end of the day, I know I want the best version of America for *all* of its citizens.

KFWA,

That's a pretty well reasoned post there. And the "(or even anti-semantic)" line was humorous too.

I can see your dislike of the system as it is. Yep, if there is (there probably is) a pro-Russia PAC, and the things they do to influence any election are out in the open, that's the way our system works. Same for "Conservative Christian", pro-gun, pro- women's rights, or any other PAC. That's the way campaign laws are nowadays.

No longer can we influence elections as openly as offering Dago Red to the Italian voters in front of the poling booth, or a good Guiness to the Irish voters. PACs are the way we do it, money for ads for the politician we desire to see elected to "represent" our views.

Does the present State of Israel have too much influence in our day to day political/social/military affairs? Likely that depends on one's view of how important maintaining their existence is. Many Christians, conservative or not, see the continued existence of Israel as critical. Without that State around, the Holy Land would be taken over by the other powers in the area (read Muslim countries) and Christian holy sites would be desecrated and those sites important to all the Abrahamic religions would not be destroyed, but likely would be off limits to Jews and Christians.

We certainly do spend a lot of time, money, and even blood in defending Israeli interests. No argument there. The same can be said about the amount invested in Western and, since the breakup of the Soviet Union, Eastern Europe, Japan, the Philippines, and to some extent Latin America.

While I agree with you that the State of Israel has a tremendous amount of influence in American affairs, that's not what I see as the topic of discussion here. And I for one am not convinced there is a cabal of Jewish leaders trying to see our country overrun with Muslims and Latinos and Chinese. But that's just my take on things.

Thanks for your well reasoned post.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?