Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
FreeMe, I actually am pretty convinced that the upper potential of the 10mm is probably superior to the upper potential of the .45 ACP all things being equal (barrel length, etc.).

Is your purpose defense against large bears? If so, and you want an auto pistol, then 10mm is probably your best bet, with the most appropriate loads. I was simply saying that, with the best loads possible, the .45 is not much inferior, thus bringing into question the necessity for the 10mms introduction as a sporting round, when .45 ACP is already well established. Necessity, of course, is a subjective matter.

PS As a general issue law enforcement round, it was ridiculous, which is now generally agreed upon.

Yep. I agree with all of that. For the record, I would have been happier if we could have seen the 45 Super as a factory option. Yeah, I know there is at least one gun that everybody says is safe to use 45 Super in the way it comes to your heart's content, but I want to see the gun actually billed as a Super by the factory....and have it fit my hand. It's not too much to ask, right?

I'm actually not yet fielding an auto in 10mm. I do like the Match Champion 10mm though. Six shots of major power in a medium frame revolver that I am extremely familiar with is hard to dislike.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.