Originally Posted by jimmyp
I don't take your comment personally, I am just a dude on the internet. Then on the other hand I am not making money saying and doing what I am saying and doing, and cooper did make money (ball ammo 90% lethal!!), his gospel was the 45 and the 1911, and he preached that gospel making a buck or two in the process while degrading everything that he did not believe in..don't you think he might have been a bit prejudiced? Then looking at today's relevant data, my opinion has at least some merit to it, in that Cooper's opinion even if it was 100% honest was based on the fact that he did not have time travel so he was stuck with the bullets of his time, we still being here and current find that modern bullets have made a difference. Finally what made Jeff Cooper any different than any other gun writer? They all publish mostly pulp fiction that gets us to want to buy this or that gun. As a lad I heard a story that a 45ACP hit to the pinky would knock you down, and saw cowboy movies with some folks flying backward when hit with the 45 Long Colt. All grown up now I still run into people that buy a 45 acp thinking its the most powerful handgun in existence and buy that over a 9mm cause its more deadly.

Jeff Cooper FOS? How do you know this to be true?