Originally Posted by jimmyp
Once again why are we getting emotional about the 45 ACP? I have killed way way north of 100 deer in my life, I have only 3 wall hangers, I shot a lot of meat deer when I had 4 kids living at home. I have lost one deer in my life due to stupidly not sighting in a 270 Winchester. I hit it high. I don’t care if anyone uses any cartridge they want to use, my argument is that there is a reason most agencies are moving to the 9. For what it’s worth I carry a Glock 20 with meprolifht adjustable sights in a Kennai chest holster shooting 200 grain Montana bullets over as much AA#9 as I can get in the case when I hunt. I carry a P365 with 147 grain hardcast for extended hikes. If I thought for a nano second that the 45acp would outperform the 9mm then I would carry the 45Acp! I have a wonderfully accurate 45 shield I will never sell as it’s a pure joy to shoot, and watching the slow WW 230 ball bullets fly when the sun is right is just a hoot. For daily CC the P365 with the 12 round magazine is a good fit where I live and is in line with what everyone else is doing. I shoot HST’s not speers but it might not matter. A solid hit with a 124 grain HST or gold dot would be very very bad, the 45 gold dot might improve on the results a bit but in the end would shoot ability out weight a 10% difference in performance?

How did you arrive at a 10% difference in performance?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein