Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by HawkI
Sarge,

Like you, my information regarding shots fired in anger via the 45 ACP are all universally with ball ammo .

That the people I've known were "prejudiced" in regards to actually using it didnt have the benefit of better bullets or data that basically ignores the events that they lived through probably wouldn't give them much pause for commentary.

Too much is being derived from gel and statistics, instead of actual experience.
Statistics can be made to say whatever you want them to say

I personally give much more weight to the testimony of people who've used a round in combat or self-defense (or even hunting) on multiple occasions than I do in lab test results.

as do I believe actual shootings over gel tests, the number of actual shootings with anything from a 25auto to a 44 magnum are fairly well cataloged. There is not a nickles worth of difference between the results of a 9mm shooting and a 45 acp shooting as an self defense pistol. Its the same thing with everything, anecdotal stories do not trump actual tabulated data. As far as veterans using them, well that's what Uncle Sam provided, secondly the 45 acp is a few dB lower in volume than the 9mm. I would pick a 12 shot 45ACP over any 9mm in a tunnel, you might be able to hear the next ones coming for you if you did.
My woods carry gun is a 15 round 10 mm, just sayin is all.

What data are you referring to ?
How was the data tabulated? Were determined attackers noted? Were hits causing minor wounds given the same credence as more sever wounds if the attacker stopped?
The data that I have seen collected was very flawed

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first