Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gunner500
Not in the industry and don't know chit, but I have to believe a lot of failures/shying away are due to lack of training as a whole, people are to in touch with their feelings nowadays, it's a service handgun/cartridge for crying out loud, grab that sombitch and run it, must be too many women and beta males in law enforcement/military that have contributed to so much switching around from one make/model/cartridge to the other, then back again, it's not going to hurt you, learn the damn thing, I have some rifles that will hurt you. smile

I much prefer the recoil impulse of, for example, my Glock 17 vs my Glock 22, and it's got nothing whatever to do with anticipation of pain or discomfort. It's the level of concentration necessary with the Glock 22 to keep both hands firmly in place under recoil. Stop focusing hard on that task, and the .40 will cause my support hand to disengage the gun and my other hand (even if only slightly), and needs a re-acquisition of the proper two-handed grip (which slows follow up shots), whereas my two-handed grip never needs a re-acquisition while shooting my Glock 17. For that reason alone (again, nothing to do with pain, fear, or discomfort, of which there is none while shooting the Glock 22), I MUCH prefer the Glock 17, and shoot it better and faster. That's likely why so many agencies made the switch back to 9mm.

So it is a hand grip/strength issue? the only handgun that tried to kick loose in my hands in my FA 454 with hellbender loads, I had to send the damn thing back to FA, the grips started to splinter off at the grip frame.

Dam TRH if a 40 S&W recoil is a problem for you to hold on to, I suggest a better diet and strength and conditioning program ASAP

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first