Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Sarge, would it be advisable to put in a stronger spring, or just as it is? Someone at that other site said he fired a bunch of .45 Super through his USP-45, but was concerned about how it felt like it was banging hard against the stop, so he installed a stronger spring.

I have no personal experience with the USP in 45 caliber.

I'd say a stronger recoil spring is a sensible addition in any pistol in which you're shooting substantially heavier than standard loads and where frame battering is a concern.

I can think of five deer I killed outright or finished with the 40 S&W using 165 or 180 grain Federal HST. It will shoot through the chest cavity behind the shoulders, shoot through it above, in through the hump of the shoulders and out through the sternum. Shot one straight across the shoulder joints and that bullet was recovered under the skin of the far side shoulder, looking like hell hammered on concrete. It's worth mentioning that all three were on the ground where they were hit or within 15 feet of there. I've head shot several others... usually full penetration and DRT instantly. No ricochets off the noggin...

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ