Better? For home defiance?
Better than a hand gun? YES!
Better than a AR, AK, FAL, H&K 91 or 93 and so may other military type rifles...........................it's no worse. Guns are not all that important when you compare them to shooters and tactics. a good old 30-30 lever action is not something you'd want a cool, determined, trained enemy to have in his hands.
Neither is a shotgun inside 50 yards or so, thats for sure.

The idea that mine holds 30 and your gun hold "only" 6 or 10 is not realistic for fighting a home invader. Those considerations come into play when facing a large groups of organized enemies who have a mission and are answerable to someone of higher authority. (like military forces) Self-serving criminals are not looking for a fight. They are looking for easy to dominate victims. Criminals have some personal gain in mind, not an ideal. Political or religious enemies are not usually going to be interested in simple home invasions.

Every round you fire will hit. Something! So "firepower" should never mean missing more. You are endangering everyone except your enemy when you miss. As a veteran and then a combat tactics instructor with military and law-enforcement personal for over 40 years, the most important lesson I could every hammer home to security personal was to stay clam, to think, to AIM, and not Miss!

A handgun is for carry! If you are not carrying it, it's not EVER as good as a long arm. Handguns are for those times when you can't have a long gun.

Sure they are valuable assets and I have one on my side right now. BUT if I saw a potential danger coming up my hill I would take the 5 seconds I needed to grab my AK or FAL. If however I had a choose of going hot with my 1911 or my Sig 250, or grabbing my old Marlin 30-30, or bolt action 270, I'll going to take the rifle EVERY time without the slightest hesitation.

If you need 5 seconds to get your gun why would you EVER grab a handgun when you can grab a shotgun or rifle instead?

That is the reason EVERY army on EARTH issues rifles instead of handgun as regular infantry weapons. Rifles are BETTER then handgun for fighting.

So are shotgun inside their effective range ( inside a house is well inside the range of a shotgun)

So you should buy it if you like it. Free men buy what they want. Slaves are allowed what they need.

But the fight is not about the gun.
It's about YOU!

Last edited by szihn; 04/24/20.