Originally Posted by gunner500
Guys, this racking the slide, slamming a bolt home on a semi, rubber bullets chit has got to go, if you're alone, job one is staying alive, if your wife, kids, grandkids are in the residence, job one is keeping them alive, ANYTHING that has breached your home doesn't even need to be able to hear you release the safety.

I realize keeping an unlocked weapon with full magazine AND chamber is a fool's recipe. Read it on the innanet so the joke's on me. So me and my fool wife keep weapons available in common sense areas of the house, including an upstairs and downstairs Alamo. Every round possible onboard, safety engaged if applicable. With doors number 1 and/or 2 occupied with defensive appliances and 50% chance of a dilated pupil, sweaty palmed, nerves raw & bleeding, estrogen fired, nuclear attitude womenfolk with something between .38 Special and #3 buckshot locked and loaded, positioned to fire with eyes locked on the bad guy's access point, doors 3 and up are a home wrecker's only hope for survival. The scary thing about my wife isn't that she can use most guns. It's that she's willing to pull the trigger, a lot.

And as you say there won't be any audible mechanicals intended to frighten somebody that has already exhibited willingness to assault by breaking into our home. Only rubber is grips or butt stocks. Only vocals a high pitched screeching detectable between shots. He had his only warning when he encountered the first locked door.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."