Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
That purchase could lead you to another purchase of a cooler home defense weapon, like a Sig MPX

Clearly you didn't grow up watching Kung Fu like I did, ya prob'ly don't have dragon designs burned into the inside of your forearms either. If you did you would know a man is owned by his possessions wink

You did bring up the topic of 9mm carbines. If any of the AR clones are ideal for home defense, I dunno why something similar in 9mm wouldn't be even better.

Certainly there's be less flash and blast. All you rank amateurs here may not care about your ears but I'm a Professional..............................

.............................................bird watcher.

I dunno which would go through the most walls with a miss, I'm sorta remembering that the 5.56 tumbles impressively if driven fast enough whereas a 147gr 9mm can keep going sorta forever if it doesn't expand.

Anyhoo.... I figure the only reason why 9mm carbines haven't been front and center on this thread is there just aren't all that many out there, not like AR platforms anyhow.

I tried the Kel-Tec Sub 2000, the one that takes Glock magazines. The problem with that was the nifty folding design also dictates low-profile sights that I found impossible to pick up in a hurry.

If I buy another gun it might be a Ruger PC9 carbine cool

Birdy,

Load that 5.56 with 60gr Vmax and you have way fewer over penetration problems than with a 9mm and 147gr bullets.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell