Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Also First Thing: pump shotguns suck when you're under stress. Every 870 fan I know says he would never short-stroke the pump. When I put these guys on a range with even a fraction of stress (I put them 10 yards from a silhouette target, in front of the whole class, and tell them "hit the target five times in five seconds") and short-stroking happens to several people in every class. A good and reliable autoloader is a much better shotgun for real gunfighting. And if you dare to say "autoloaders jam", you'd better be prepared to sell all your AR's.

That's what Fidel Castro said in an interview when he was in the mountains fighting Batista. Castro said he liked the Browning shotgun.

Thanks, Doc. I agree on the semiauto also. My concern with the big buckshot is with regard to other residents in the house in other rooms who may have moved from normal locations after the sounds of a breakin.

I prefer lead shot which will deform and rip and tear tissue. Indoors, I'm not worried about getting penetration, even through a hoodie. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/24/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin