Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Yes, It's about time Birdy got himself a real gun.

Tks for your concern šŸ™‚

Iā€™m dumb enough to believe that a couple of rounds of .38 Special, even at snub velocities, delivered center mass from across a room constitutes a real gun. I might be mistaken.

And a 9mm story that started with a theft: A good friend north of here was dumb enough to leave his 9mm Springfield XDs in his truck in his driveway. It got stolen. He reported the left to the police and immediately bought a replacement XDs.

Two days later his stolen gun was found I unfired on a lawn 20 miles away, he got it back. Now me and this guy have gifted guns back and forth over the decades and he knew I had given my beloved Gen2 Glock 19 to my son, it being about as old as my son after all.
So my buddy gave me his new XDS.

I Go shooting with my son and he was enamored of the Springfield, it went home with him and my Glock 19 came home with me. Karma šŸ™‚....... ......and a real gun.

I have good karma, many of you guys are fu$kked.

Birdy,

Real home defense guns hold:

30 rounds of 5.56 or 7.62x39,
20 rounds of either 7.62x51, or 7.62x54,
7+ rounds of buckshot.

Or something similar.

As an example at 16" bbl .300 HAM'R would be acceptable with either a 20 round, or 30 round detachable box magazine. And the.300 Blackout is acceptable but only as a braces and suppressed "pistol" rig.

5 shot of snubnose .38 is just something to buy you a little time to get to your real gun.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/29/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell