Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Beaver10
. . . Getting off anything more than a snap shot before the burglar disappears behind a wall, or through a doorway, or down a hall juking and sliding trying to get out of the house was the norm from what I watched.

Made me think the average homeowner might do better with a gauge as their choice for home protection. . .

I don't think it is the pellets from a shotgun shell that makes the difference. It is "accuracy" which is drastically improved by the longer sight radius of the barrel of a shotgun or rifle that makes the difference. It is easier for a novice to control the accurate pointing of the muzzle of a long arm than a relative short handgun muzzle. In my experience, shotgun patterns, at relative close range, are small in diameter.

Winner!

My wife complains about her off hand accuracy at 10 yards with a pistol. Hand her her 20ga youth model or 10" braced AR and her complaints go away. That third point of contact make a real difference for a lot of shooters, especially those who don't practice enough.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/24/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell