T Inman;
Thanks for the reply and report sir.

It's gratifying to know that there's still firms and folks out there who take pride in their workmanship for sure.

As well as the look for sure, one thing I don't mind about say a lever gun for "social shoo bear" work is that they can be checked with one's hands easily with a modicum of practice. That's sorta handy either in the dark or when one is fixated upon a recalcitrant bruin which one is in the midst of negotiations with.

I vividly recall my ancient and as it turned out dirty magazine tube on my Lakefield Mossberg 500 binding up on me while I was explaining to a yard black bear that it really should look elsewhere for handouts. When I ran the action I knew the sound was off and by muscle reflex opened it up and dropped a shell into the chamber.

Then I started to fool with the magazine and yes in fact the shells were stuck in place therein.....

It was, as I recall a bit of a conundrum for me to both negotiate with the bear for a smooth exit for both parties while trying to unjam the thing.

Anyways, that's the beginning of my finding the Hi-Viz Delrin followers we discussed.

That reminds me, I may have to try to fabricate one for my old 94 just because....

Thanks again and good hunting with the 97 - may you never require it for serious social work!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"