Originally Posted by sse
i wonder what those taste like

I'm a big fan of buckwheat. And rye. And oats.

We make 99% of our own bread, a loaf every 3-4 days. Various flavors, just finishing up a loaf of English toasting bread. Think sort of like an English muffin loaf. So we always have various ingredients around. I always try to keep a starter in the fridge, so sometimes when it needs woke up and started again, I'll use the starter and whatever I decide to throw together to make hotcakes. Whole wheat, rye, rolled oats, seven grain cereal, buckwheat, wheat berries, oat flour, cornmeal.....whatever strikes my fancy. Sometimes use brown sugar, molasses, or honey for the sweetener in the dough.

I love pancakes.............as in it's really hard to just limit myself to four for breakfast. Most I've ever eaten was 14 (bigger than those today) when I was a teenager. Now, I can probably still do 8 of the size I made today, but I refrain.

As to the taste.......................today's were the BOMB!

Because I don't do recipes, sometimes they're not as good as today's. Most times they're close though.

Geno

Last edited by Valsdad; 04/25/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?