Well, y'all went and did it.......................inspired me that is.

I had a couple of links of chorizo I got from the local butcher shop, if 100 miles away is considered local. We're just about out of eggs from the hens out back. Between the change of season and them molting I haven't had a fresh one in a few days. I wanted to eat a couple with something good, so this morning it was chorizo and eggs with homemade corn tortillas. Topped off with some Bufalo salsa chipotle. A bit of work, but as in most cases along those lines, well worth it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It was a wonderful breakfast. I haven't had chorizo in over a year I bet. I'm not much of a fan of the stuff from the grocery and I haven't found a carniceria around yet. Howard's Meats in the big town did a pretty decent job though. Chorizo may once again be on the breakfast menu on a more regular basis.

Someone mentioned the extra handle on the newer Lodge fry pans. I think I got this one around 2010 or so when I gave the ancient family one to my sister to pass down to one of her kids. I have none and was afraid it might just go to the thrift store when I'm "gone". eek

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?