Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by sse
not a real fan of glass top ranges

The list grows.......

You guy can put in a word to my wife then.

I can't convince her we NEED to get the house plumbed for propane so I can have a proper cookstove indoors.

I hate the glass top thing too, especially trying to figure it out with cast cookware. I'm getting good with the settings for pancakes on my comals, but the fry pan is still tricky. By the time I get it warmed up to temp, the dang stove keeps heating it for what seems like forever. I'm constantly having to take it off and move it to an unused burner.

I'll take a coil stove over this one anyday. I can at least get an idea of the amount of heat by how hot the coils look. This one cycles on and off under the glass and it sucks..............Yugely!

electric, black coil stoves are dark, dangerous, seductive...evil

harmless in appearance, they lure you into placing your dominant hand on the searingly hot coil, followed by months of agony and surgeries, only to have the doctor say nothing else can be done, leaving you with fingers melded together, and a duckfoot, webbed paddle for a hand

plus, without warning they'll scorch the bottom of a pot of marinara, before you could say, 'mangiamo'...

Last edited by sse; 09/12/20.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]