Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Pancake morning today. Leftover sourdough starter from waking it up the other day to make a loaf of sour rye.

This batch was sourdough whole wheat, oat bran, 7 grain cereal, yogurt, brown sugar batter. Turned out really yummy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Bought a lug of apples the other day for drying and making apple sauce (Honeycrisp, organic, on sale) so I diced up some apple to put in the cakes:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

topped off with some cinnamon, butter, and some Dark Grade A maple syrup. I was a happy man this morning for sure.

those griddles are fantastic, will feed you good

i've been thinking i'm due for a batch of pancakes

Displaying excellent thought in only making one pancake per pan. Trying to do more than one always results in a mess when you flip one over and it overlaps another one. Attempting to prevent this by pouring each to one side or the other of the pan is a fool's errand and they will meet and run together anyway when poured.

Yep, you have that right. Electric glass top range, I hate the dang thing. It's hard enough to get the heat right for one cake per griddle. And as you mention, the size I like to make them works best with only one. I could make them a good bit smaller and fit two, but I don't have kids and don't like mini-cakes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?