Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by okie john
I think I can see where this is headed.

Looks like I'll be sending more money to SWFA....

Okie John

Pic the optic you like but the NF, SWFA, and similar are sure bets. To me and this is just me but finding the specific mark on a MQ reticle isn’t much, if any faster than just dialing and getting on point. I know that I’m probably the anomaly but it’s the way my brain works.

It certainly doesn’t suck to have the bullet hit on point to where you’re aiming either if you trip the shot decently.

Their 1x6 SS HD ain’t a bad option either if it fits your rifle and shooting style. Being illuminated kinda makes them pretty awesome on a hunting gun and the reticle offers good precision for even longer shooting.

Yup, this. Visually counting hashmarks on the reticle (even reticles that have numbered hashes) is certainly not faster than dialing to a number on the turret, for most people. This is assuming a single target at a single distance. If engaging multiple targets at various distances with one shot each, holding can be faster, but this is rarely the case when hunting. Add a little wind and you usually want to be holding the horizontal cross hair on the POA.

It's easy to zero at 100 and then dial for MPBR by dialing up for 250 or so. Beyond 300ish you'll need to dial more.