Yeah I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Too bad to hear about his family, hopefully he gets the help he needs. I won't wish ill on him, sounds like he recruits enough as it is.

Back to the OP and turrets, it's very easy to do for typical hunting ranges say 500-600 yards and less. My first Nikon buckmaster I had I used making tape and a fine tip marker to mark the ranges and had it that way a couple years because it just worked. The new Leupold that same rifle wears now is that way too until the knob I ordered comes in. I don't care how it looks, I like the ease and simplicity of it. Not a fan of the bdc reticles or the hash marks with a drop chart taped to the scope cap or stock. Works for some but not my liking. If that was all I had going into a hunt like he describes then I'd run it and that would be that. To me the fun is developing a load, mounting the scope as close to perfect as possible and taking it to the range and having fun with it. I use strelok for my come ups and I'm increasing yardage and found it to be pretty accurate to get started with. After that's done it's a lot of fun to just shoot. I hunt suppressed and have gotten several people interested in shooting and hunting by just taking them out. It's amazing how many don't do it because they never learned how and are too embarrassed to ask. Getting them out and just shooting rocks off a hillside is a hoot, they call the target, I range and they dial plink and smile. It's a lot of fun, plus reloading with my wife and kids is the other upside. The more folks can do like this the better in my opinion. I digress though. I hope others have fun with it like we do.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.