Originally Posted by Colorado1135
As to the op's question I personally dial for every range I'm shooting at. Turret is marked for yardage so I just range, dial and shoot. It's that simple. If I'm sitting in one spot for any length of time I'll range a couple of markers in my immediate vicinity and log them mentally such as a tree or rock or water tank is X yards. Then I'll dial to the one in the middle so if something comes in while I'm glassing it's already too go with maybe a slight adjustment. When I go to move, I dial to 200 while in transit, I've found where I hunt that's the most likely range is get a shot at and anything closer it would work just fine on. As of right now I keep my shots to under 600 yards when I'm hunting. Too much can happen beyond that range that's outside my control. If it's a hurried shot and under 300 I can usually guesstimate close enough on the range to set my dial for a hit. This is for coyotes, porcupines etc. I reckon I won't be changing the way I do things any time soon. It works for me and is pretty simple and fast. My boy is pretty good at it too. Friday starts our deer hunt and got the first time he's got a buck tag, two in fact so he's excited and ready. Good luck on your bear hunt.

You need to be more like lil twig. Have you seen the pictures of blacktail he killed in Kodiak 2 decades ago?