I was saved in 1993 after spending several years of my adult life paying very little attention to God or what plan he may have had for me. That began to change after a divorce and an accident that nearly cost me the use of my left hand. Then one night in October after not being able to sleep I took a walk in the woods, very moonlit night. That's when I realized I needed God to help me in life. That was a Friday night. Sunday I went to church after having not went for nearly 20 years.

I've kept going since then. There were times when I was tempted to look at others and thinking of them as hypocrites as being a reason to not go then a thought came to my mind. I wasn't there just for me. I was in my early 30s then and there were several elderly people there that seemed to think of me as part of their family. I've always been drawn to older people and they to me. I saw me being there as something that brought a smile to their faces and knew if I faded away from going they would miss seeing me. That's when I began to see there is a place for all of us in a church that preaches and teaches the Bible. It's not just about me but about what I can do to fill my place and try to assure the future generations of having some place to attend church and the freedom to make a choice in life to follow God or not follow God. To not stand for that is a dis-service to them. The Bible tells us to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints. Our founding fathers set this nation us so we could pursue that. I want the same for all that live beyond my life and for me a strong church is part of that. I can impact that for the good and intend to do so.