Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Springcove
Organized religion is to blame for this. All the scandals etc. Mix religion and money and it’s a downward spiral.

My faith is between me and God. I don’t need to go to church for reassurance like most.

Happy Easter to all.

Carry on...

This man has the answer.

sometimes I put on a religious show on tv for the fun of it.....it is disgusting what the preachers say and how they act

asking for money so they can upgrade their jets....you now so they can spread the gospel and not have to fly with demons and all that.....if there is a hell thats where they need to be.....

organized religion is the biggest scam going.......bob ...

That is a sick and sad entertainment and it is “organized religion”. It just ain’t Christianity.

not sick and sad...just now and then gives one great insight......so who is right and has the true way.....Mormons...Catholics ....etc.....everybody thinks their way is the right way..

bob

I’ve not met many people who are honest enough to be self critical to the point of questioning the foundation of their belief. That’s unfortunate because to do so with honesty should leave a person with the comfort of knowing that they will come back to what they presently believe if it is indeed true. They may come back in part or whole or may be taken in a different direction.

Organizations do the same thing and die on hills not worth fighting for. When a person starts to get over their unwillingness or fear of the unknown concerning beliefs they can become objective rather than dogmatic. That can lead to a discovery of what is really true. I personally don’t believe in multiple truths and multiple paths.

Another obstacle that I see in professed Christians is a self imposed stupidity about what they believe. It seems that there is a tendency for people to spew cliches and holy talk. That doesn’t really help anyone and makes the babbler look like a dunce.

I think that there is objectivity to the Christian religion. Much more so than will be heard from the average Christian who has distilled the faith down to a subjective personal experience.