Originally Posted by ctsmith
No burr under my saddle, only you playing coy again.
No, you clearly have a burr under your saddle for the very reason that I stated. And, I made it crystal clear I was a boy. You asked how I tested what my grandfather taught ~ and you asked how I knew if he was right or wrong...? Those are ‘not’ things that typically run through the mind of a boy. Your questions seemed purposely brazen and disingenuous.
If you witnessed to a 30 year old man who had never heard the Gospel, how would you instruct him to grow in his knowledge and faith?
First of all, instructing him to grow in knowledge and faith when he had “never heard the Gospel” is gettin’ more than a little bit ahead of yourself. You gonna go ahead and tell him about predestination and legalistic rules and regulations and rituals as well, even though he’d “never heard the Gospel”...? And I wouldn’t take it upon myself to just try and force my beliefs upon him under the guise of ‘witnessing’. ‘If’ he asked me about it, ‘then’ I’d simply tell him the Gospel, and that’d be it.
I know its hard for you to recommend the Bible.
You seem angry; why is that...? Another burr under your saddle because someone flat-out disagrees with you on these matters...? So little confidence in your own faith that you can’t tolerate...at all...any divergence from another believer...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.