Originally Posted by Cheyenne
So the non-believing, non-slave owning, good deed person definitely goes to hell but the slave owning believer, who was welcomed by the church, may or may not. Better odds owning slaves. Got it.
To me, slave owning ‘Christians’ were hypocrites to the Nth degree. But many people...throughout history...have used scripture to justify their behavior. People have hated other people with a Bible verse, people have persecuted other people with a Bible verse, people have enslaved other people with a Bible verse, people have bigotry towards other people with a Bible verse, and when somebody confronts them they actually have a verse from the Bible with which they've found a way to disregard and mistreat the people for whom Jesus died...! Give em' a minute and they'll find a Biblical justification for just about any behavior they want. That's what some 'Christians' do. They've taken the Bible and they've twisted it to empower them to do the very opposite of what Jesus commanded them to do.
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By ‘this’ all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” Kinda hard to twist that.
And regarding God’s grace, accepting His grace is supremely important...first and foremost, regardless of anything else, no matter what. That’s what we ‘have to’ do if we want to spend eternity with Him. Extending grace to others is extremely important too. We are most like Jesus when we are extending grace to others. Grace...relationally...is likely the solution to just about everything.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.