Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
So Christians should just get a free pass when they threaten people with eternal suffering if they do not bend to their ways?
What about when they do it to impressionable children?
That's not even a fair question.

If I warn someone of consequences that another has in store for them, how am I threatening them?
Generally, it's not intended as a friendly warning, but a threat, and very commonly comes after all the Christians better arguments are expended. Often this is cloaked in the form of Pascals Wager, but it reality, it's the no different from a mob protection racket. "Ya got a nice life here, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it, and you burned forever. Hey kid, don't be stupid like your old man here, you better fall in line, pay your rent or it will happen to you too.".

Additionally, what does it say about the morality of people who would willingly follow such a god? By our legal standards such a god is a criminal. Extortion is a Felony. In what other aspect of your life do you willingly follow a criminal and make criminal threats on his behalf?
What do those random Christians get out of that? Protection racket?! Are you serious?! laugh laugh laugh

You are better than that.

This is why I've pretty much given up arguing with you. You know it's about free will and the fact that choices have consequences. I hope you figure it out someday. It's not a lack of intelligence that you suffer from.

Sincerely, I wish you the best with your temper tantrum against nature.

Christians have a difficult time stepping back and looking at the idea of an omnipotent and omniscient being, creator of everything, choosing to create evil.

Right there's a big hmmmmmmm????

Then, the idea that if someone lives their whole life literally never breaking any of the Christian god's laws, but for some reason either chooses not to believe in Jesus or never even hears about him, they are tortured for eternity after they die.

Seems legit.

Or, one could look around and reasonably conclude that if there is a "creator" there's a pretty good chance it doesn't care a whole lot about those things running around on the third rock from our particular sun, one of trillions of such rocks floating around trillions of stars.

And don't even start thinking about how incredibly messed up it is that all the evil things that happen happen if there is a god that's paying attention. An all-powerful being choosing to allow satan to exist......