Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Christianity is inherently a community affair with the Body of Christ gathering to worship Christ and participate in the sacrament of The Lord's Supper. You cannot do that out in the World.

Another take on the subject is that if you, and millions like you, hadn't left The Church, it wouldn't be in the poor shape it is now.

If you, and those like you, didn't act like this in Church millions wouldn't have left. Maybe then it wouldn't be in the poor shape it's in.
I know, it burns you like acid. You should discuss it with Christ.

Doesn't burn me at all. I made a decision at 18 that I didn't need other humans running interference between me and the way I choose to worship. I've seen nothing showing me that was a poor choice
Churches are nothing but gathering locations for fallible humans, most of whom I have no desire to be around. I can find my God easily enough in the quiet, wild places where I hike, run, etc
I feel sorry that you need something created by man to feel closer to God.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�