As for the OP question.

Declining membership means less money, and the power that goes with it.

Originally Posted by Jim1611
If entering into a building that is dedicated to the worship and teaching of God isn't for you that's your business but there's a few things I do question. How many missionaries have you supported? How do you expect the lost sinner that has not teaching in regard to the Bible to hear the truth if you've chosen to hide your light under a basket? How are we going to support the ongoing outreach through speaking, writing or otherwise? Do you tithe? There may be other questions I'm not arguing about church attendance but if everyone quit going who is carrying the torch? Are you?

I also want it to be known that my post isn't a defense of the Catholic church as some here have had a problem with. As far as I'm concerned they are not a Bible based doctrine and it's no wonder they have allowed what they have.

Isn't freedom of religion great? My beliefs and actions are mine. Truly no one's business how or why. Isn't freedom of religion great. I do not broadcast my actions, or brag about them as many do.
Isn't freedom of religion great? To me being a good person is not a dick measuring holier than thou contest.

Arcus Venator