Originally Posted by Stophel
Lots of people refuse to believe in God because they simply don't like the way He is running things. "I just can't believe in a god that would allow suffering!".... "I won't believe in a god that would send anyone to hell!"... "I refuse to believe in such an arbitrary god!".... "I won't worship a god that says we should do this, and we shouldn't do that!".... It seems they would prefer a god of their own making. A god that does what they tell him to... rather than the other way around.

You are so right. You have to see the "big picture".........most people don't. They see and believe in what is convenient for them. That is why it is so important to read the Bible, go to church and participate in study and discussions of the word of God, and then maybe you just might begin to understand what God is about, and why He wants to believe in Him.

There was a time in my life when I turned my back on going to church, and tried telling myself that I didn't need to go, and could worship God in my own way. Of course, I can't speak for everyone, and am not going to pass judgement on them, but I finally figured out that by attending church I became much closer to God, and that I needed the fellowship and support of fellow Christians.

Yes, you can worship God any time or any place, it doesn't have to be on Sunday or inside a church. Yes, there are times when we get mad at certain people who are pretending to be Christians, and we decide that we don't want to be a part of something they're a part of, specifically a church. But, we shouldn't let those people dictate our relationship with God, or to determine whether or not we attend a church. Our relationship with Him is between the two of us, and no one else.

Last edited by JamesJr; 04/03/21.