Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Antler playing coy. Go figure.
Why is it such a burr under your saddle for someone to flat-out disagree with you on these matters...? Are you not confident enough in your faith that you can’t tolerate...at all...any divergence from other believers...?
Originally Posted by ctsmith
How is anything one hears concerning Christianity tested?
People who choose to be shackled by legalism and clearly don’t think that God can reveal Himself to them separately on a one on one basis today get all their answers from what He told somebody else 2000 years ago.

No burr under my saddle, only you playing coy again, and setting up a straw man. Your legalism answer to a question about testing what someone teaches is quite laughable. Its obvious you are the one with a Bible burr.

Again I ask.

If you witnessed to a 30 year old man who had never heard the Gospel, how would you instruct him to test what you taught and how to grow in his knowledge and faith?

Lets suppose you gave the man fictitious information, out of hate. Lets suppose you told him that the Bible says its good to have multiple wives, and its good for him to stick his penis in another man, and its good to stone to death an adulterer. How is he to know if this is truth?

I know its hard for you to recommend the Bible. Lets hear it.