Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

So Christians should just get a free pass when they threaten people with eternal suffering if they do not bend to their ways?
What about when they do it to impressionable children?

That's not even a fair question.

If I warn someone of consequences that another has in store for them, how am I threatening them?

Generally, it's not intended as a friendly warning, but a threat, and very commonly comes after all the Christians better arguments are expended. Often this is cloaked in the form of Pascals Wager, but it reality, it's the no different from a mob protection racket. "Ya got a nice life here, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it, and you burned forever. Hey kid, don't be stupid like your old man here, you better fall in line, pay your rent or it will happen to you too.".

Additionally, what does it say about the morality of people who would willingly follow such a god? By our legal standards such a god is a criminal. Extortion is a Felony. In what other aspect of your life do you willingly follow a criminal and make criminal threats on his behalf?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell