Leupold optics and specs are great. Mechanics are less so, sad to say. IME, single bias-spring models are as vague as ever. The two dual-spring models I had worked well as long as I had them, but so did other brands at significantly lower price points. A brand new 4x RF model, purchased for a Marlin 39, required considerable patience to get it dialed in. Who needs that drama, especially in a time when ammo is hard to find and expensive when you do. WTF don’t they fix their erectors and be done with it?

That 4x was purchased from Doug at a very good price. It’s a perfect match for a .22, but if I’d paid $300 for it, I’d be pretty annoyed by its performance. Shoot, adjust. Shoot again. Adjust. Shoot. Adjust back to where I thought I’d dialed to before. Shoot some more until I’m satisfied it’s finally landed in the right place. Hope and pray I don’t have to readjust for another brand or lot of ammo any time soon. Same story with another Leupy, a 2-7 Shotgun/ML scope on the same rifle before buying the 4x. This isn’t bashing, it’s what I experienced. Imagine the fun if I was using $2 a pop factory CF instead of $.10 .22 LR.

What fresh Hell is this?