To me, on any rifle that has reach, the question boils down to this. Would I be comfortable twisting the adjustments to hell and back the night before a big hunt where an accurate, precise first shot might be required ... or not. No checking zero, just grab the rifle and go.

I’ve seen too much squirreliness from Leupold scopes to answer “yes“ with them. It’s mainly that whole “settling shot” phenomenon that has been mentioned.

Other scopes I own, I would not hesitate in the slightest to do that. Not based on name or reputation, based on what they’ve shown me.

For guys who go with the “zero 1.5” high at 100 and go huntin” this isn’t a factor; nor is it a factor with folks using a reticle for holdover. I had a couple Leup’s with the B&C and they worked fine, as far as they went.

As someone who makes precise things it also just grates on me the sheer number of times Leup has advertised precision mechanicals and then it turns out otherwise. THEY know better. The people designing and testing these mechanisms knew they had issues; but for whatever reasons they chose to buy expensive glossy advertisements saying how awesome they were..... and then fix things for free when people complained. That’s a really disingenuous business model, to put it charitably.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!