Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by CoryP
“Just got my new Maven 2-10x38 in and mounted it. They have instructions to tighten rings to 20 inch pounds.”

Dirtfarmer
What do you think of the Maven?

Very impressed with the glass. Better than VX-3i or 4200 Bushnell, closer to a Z-5 Swaro. Duplex about like the VX-3.

Adjustments seem crisp and precise, haven’t sighted it in yet.

ER is shorter than a Leupold, but that doesn’t seem to be an issue, at least on a .22-250. Would think twice about putting it on a big stomper.

1” tube is long enough to mount easily. Too many new scopes are too short, IMO.

So far, so good. Will report.

DF

I noticed the short ER, 3.11-3.19 inches, the other day while I was perusing them. A good thing is that you shouldn't have to compensate for that much when changing from one power to the other. I could live with that on most rifles, as long as I could get it mounted so I can throw the bolt without banging my poor old nose. Having to lift or turn my head is unacceptable.

Still, on balance, I’ll pay another hundred and stick with the Accupoint 3-9 w/duplex. For another $145, the Toric 2-10 gives a lot more ER, includes a turret kit wit zero stop if you decide you need to dial, and 10 more moa on tap, but is a lot heavier.

The Maven reminds me of the SWFA 2-10, but executed a bit better, and worth the extra money.

What fresh Hell is this?